To add onto all the other fun crazy things that have happened here in the Philippines so far we have heard from members that a Corona Virus is starting to spread from China to the Philippines. Could just be rumours, I don't know for sure. I do know that the people who are affected by this need your prayers.
This week we were pretty busy with exchanges, moving our stuff from Marabut apartment to Basey apartment, and DCM. So unfortunately we did not get to work in our area as much as I would have liked. I am excited for this week to work twice as hard to make up for last week.
Transfer day is on Wednesday so I will keep you posted if I get transferred or not.
Part 2 on overcoming fear from one of my favorite talks from Elder Holland, "CAST NOT AWAY THY CONFIDENCE"
"Yes, there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. You can find an apartment. You can win over your mother-in-law. You can sell your harmonica and therein fund one more meal. It’s been done before.
Don’t give in. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. He wants everyone to be miserable like unto himself. Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you. "
Master your fears, win over your mother in law, find that apartment, sell that harmonica. Don't let fear paralyze you in the moment a decision needs to be made. Look to your savior Jesus Christ, in him there is peace.
FHE
The boys
A cool Acacia tree
Zone picture
A random lady sleeping on the bus.

No comments:
Post a Comment