Friday, August 23, 2019

8-16-2019

Kamusta Kamong Tanan! HELLO EVERYONE! These first couple of days have been pretty hectic and busy in the MTC. When I first got here I was busy all day long with the rest of the new missionaries going through orientation. We all got situated and sent to our classes after we dropped our bags off at our room. When I arrived at class the teachers both immediately started talking to me in Cebuano. It was overwhelming but a good way to start class. I wasn't the only one who was caught off guard by it. Every other elder that walked in was surprised when the teacher started talking to them in cebuano. We went to a MTC presidency welcoming meeting where we sang called to serve. They changed a key part of the song to, " we are now the lord's missionaries". That was the moment that it really sunk in that i will be bringing this gospel to the Filipino people. We had a practice teaching session after where we were teaching three different people about the gospel. At one point the time was going so slow it seemed like it was 9:00 but it was 7:00. Me and one other elder are pretty ahead in the language from pre mtc training. It is nice to have 4 roomates who are so awesome and smart because I can help them learn the language and they can help me. I met my branch president yesterday he is really nice. Today was my district's first temple visit and after we went to the temple cafeteria after. It is so much tastier and better for you than the mtc cafeteria. The mtc cafeteria has been making my stomach cramp all week. The food doesn't go nice things for your stomach here that is for sure. The quote of the week was by President Hinckley, 

"Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people... Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of doesn't hang down. Live the Gospel of Jesus Christ."
 
I know as I forget myself in preparing to bring others into christ I will become a happier and better missionary. 

The last thing I want to share is a scripture I flipped open to while at the temple today. It is in 3 nephi chapter 16

It reads,
1 And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.
2 For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
3 But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them.

I know that my purpose is to bring others unto christ. I know that the mtc is the right place for me to be right now as I prepare to serve in the phillipines. 

Feel free to send me emails if you want throughout the week!

Selamat ug amping!

No comments:

Post a Comment