Week update: The SQUAD
is about to take on MANILA
Kamusta Mga Higala!
Today is my last P-day in the MTC! I leave for the Philippines this Monday. It
is so weird, it feels like I arrived here yesterday We have about 24 hours of
flight ahead of us and 8 hours of layovers between Monday and Wednesday. We are
flying through Seoul, South Korea which will be really cool. We have to be at
the travel office at noon on Monday which is nice because we don't have to be
the missionaries who wake up and bang suitcases down the stairs while they are
leaving at 4:30 in the morning. (True story) I can't express how grateful I am
for everyone who has been part of my experience here at the MTC. I especially
cannot express my gratitude enough for my amazing district. I really got lucky
with such an amazing group of friends. Shout out to my companion, Elder Case
who is by far one of the top three best companions I have ever had on my
mission ;) He really has been a blessing though, I am lucky to be able to call
him my companion. Not only has he been a faithful young padawan but he has
taught me things about the gospel and strengthened my testimony. He has also
scared me half to death several times. One of them recently was in the
bathroom. As I was exiting the bathroom I was turning the corner when I heard a
noise the opposite direction of the corner, I looked but saw nothing and
swiveled back around to continue to exit the bathroom and find Elder Case when
he jumped out from behind the corner. He made me jump at least three feet of
the ground which is impressive because I usually can only jump a couple inches
of off the ground normally. Me and Elder Case both have nouns as last
names. We get that a lot at the MTC. We were talking to some sisters a couple
days ago and they said that our last names were both things, we just smiled and
replied with "Yup, we are thing 1 and thing 2". It was pretty funny.
This week nothing new really happened besides Elder Christensen running out in
his towel to hug some new missionaries again.
I will make my
spiritual message short today so that this message isn't super long. I want to
talk about the scripture D&C 4:2
It reads,
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the aservice of God, see that ye bserve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye
may stand cblameless before God at the last day.
Brother Owens who is
the young men presiding president talked this Tuesday and one of the things
that he said really touched me. He said,
"To be 100%
converted we need to be active and moving forward in the gospel 100% of the
time."
This resonated with me
because I had a wrestling coach that used to always tell us to give 120% out on
the mat. I would always think to my self, how is that even possible? That is
the dumbest thing ever you can't give 120% if 100% is everything you have. I
realize now that it is not about the silly percentages but about how we serve.
As long as we are serving with everything we have, with all of our heart might
mind and strength we will be 100% converted. If we are giving 100% we are
living the gospel 100% of the time. Brother Owens said if we are doing this we
are the message. When we live his gospel we are his message. God wants us to
feed his sheep, he wants everyone to have his gospel in their lives. If we love
him, we will show his love to others by feeding his sheep. In John 21:15-17
it reads,
15 ¶ So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He
saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him,
Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again
the second time, Simon, son of Jonas,
lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He
saith unto him, aFeed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the
third time, Simon, son of Jonas,
lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time,
Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou
knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, aFeed my bsheep.
Christ asked Peter three times on the shore after he was
crucified, peter do you love me?
Peter responded three times yes lord I love you. Christ than
said "Feed my sheep". If Peter had really truly loved Christ he
would have not been on that same shore having the same conversation with Christ
that he had when he met Christ. Christ does not need fishermen, but he needs
fisher of men. He needs us to live his gospel and in doing so feed his sheep.
Be an example and a light to everyone around you. People do notice the light
that is in you. Although exhausting if we live his gospel we will be blessed. I
have been exhausted several times in the MTC learning how to best live and
teach his gospel, many times I have fallen asleep. (Refer down to the pictures
to see me zonked out). I know that when we serve others, we are feeding his
sheep, which blesses their lives and ours. For a closing scripture I will leave
with you Mossiah 2:17,
17 And behold, I tell you
these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.
Live, the gosepl, feed his sheep, and serve your fellow man.
Through these things you will find true joy. I know these things are true. I am
so thankful for his gospel. He knows you individually, by name and loves each
and every one of you.
In the name of jesus christ, amen.
A few pics:
The MTC at it's prettiest.
Elder Case's drawing skills put to good use.
Me Zonked out:
Our apartment and some friends:
Elder Case and I in the rain:
Elder Case looking like the guy with the guns in Iron Man 2.
Elder Fathers pre-mission looking just like Bucky from Capt. America.
Until next time amigos,
Kita Kites
Jordan







No comments:
Post a Comment