Friday, September 27, 2019

9-27-2019


Hello friends! This last week went by so quickly, granted I technically skipped a day of the week coming to the Philippines. I got a new companion, his name is Elder Christensen, we get along great. When we landed in the Philippines I thought we were going to crash and burn, the wind was so strong that the plane was rocking from side to side as we landed, when our wheels finally touched the ground we bounced from wheel to wheel until stable. When I walked outside of the Filipino airport the first thing that hit me was a blast of heat. I immediately started sweating. What is sad is that this is the rainy cool season in the Philippines. The heat here is INCONCEIVABLE. Ten points if you know what movie that is a reference to. I think that it is so hot because of the humidity here. I feel like I could wring water out of the air. Funny experience of the week happened yesterday. Me and my companion were supposed to go teach an interested person out in the garden. We left the class a little early to do so and as we walked through we saw two people sitting on a bench at the other end of the garden. We asked them if they spoke Cebuano and they said yes, so we began our lesson. When we were done we were walking away from the person we had taught about faith and we saw our teacher so we started to walk towards him. He was cracking up, we asked him what was so funny and he said that that was not the person we were supposed to teach, suddenly I realized that we had not taught the correct person in the garden but instead we had delivered a 20 minute lesson to a  Manila MTC landscaper taking a break in the garden. The funniest part is that he was a convert who had been baptized 2 months ago. We even extended an invitation to him to ask god for strength and we closed by asking if we could meet with him same time and place tomorrow. It was an awesome experience and I can officially say I have done my first real lesson here in the Philippines in Cebuano. I would not be surprised if when we go to meet him, same time and place today, if he is there. I will keep you posted...


The people here are so nice, they are the friendliest people I have met. They always are smiling regardless of how poor they are or what they are going through. It is very humbling. I know that 2 nephi 31 is true. It reads, 


For my soul delighteth in aplainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the bunderstanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their clanguage, unto their understanding.  
 I know that the lord delighteth in being plain and bringing understanding and light to men in their own language. I know that that is my purpose. The coolest scripture I have heard so far here is one from 2 nephi 10 it reads,

8 And it shall come to pass that they shall be agathered in from their long dispersion, from the bisles of the sea, and from the four parts of the earth;  

This scripture is refering to the gathering of Israel, the gathering of god's lost sheep. Israel shall be gathered from the Isles of the sea. The Philippines consists of isles of the sea so this scripture literally applies to my mission. I know this church is true. I know god wants us to have light and happiness in our life. I know god loves each and every one of us. 

Kita Kites!

Our district before we left the MTC.


Cool scenery from the South Korean Airport.


The ball of many mirrors.


 Me in the ball of many mirrors.


Elder Case and I in our jetlagged glory.


On our way to the Manila MTC.


 Sister Moaei and Sister Quibilan.



Classic modes of transportation here in the Philippines, Jeepney and a motorcycle. I am just waiting for Jason Bourne to run by me any second.



A cool river we crossed.



A couple of the gigantically tall skyscrapers here.





Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment