Here's his first letter to me when he got to his mission:
Hey I got to Tacloban today! It is hot and I saw my friend
from provo. Love you!
Pictures from his airplane I assume:
Pictures with his mission president and wife, President and Sister Argana.
Pictures from his airplane I assume:
Pictures with his mission president and wife, President and Sister Argana.
Pictures with all the Elders and Sisters that arrived new in the mission that day:
Pictures of the new missionaries with their companions:
Jordan's building where the ward meets:
Jordan's apartment (he said there was a lot of trash there when he got there and he had to clean a lot. He especially wanted to show me the bathrooms eek!):
His shower, a bucket.
His companion and trainer, Elder Java.
His next letter to all:
Hello
friends! I have arrived in the field officially! It is awesome here! It is very
hard because of the isolation of my area. My area is named Marabut. We have
mountain bikes for transportation and bike anywhere from 12-16 miles a day, my
butt is sore from biking everyday. The funny thing that happened this week is
that when we were at a member's house the member said that I looked like Jon
Cena and my companion said I looked like Ryan Reynolds. Not bad people to look
like I guess, I must have amazing genes. This area is good. The thought of the
week happened in church. This Sunday my area had a brown out which is where
there is no electricity from 6 am- 6 pm. Even though we had no electricity we
still had church, the people still came. A meeting was held in our tiny
building that at the time was holding 55 people. What occurred to me as I was
pondering after I had given my testimony in broken Warray was that natural
light was flooding our building. The light poured in from every direction.
Christ is that light in our lives, he lights every single one of our lives even
in the darkest of times. I bear testimony that this is absolutely true. I would
not leave my family for two years and go half way across the world to teach it
if it wasn't.
The scripture I would
like to share is
3 nephi 18 verse 24
24 Therefore, hold up your alight that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the blight which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do.
Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
I got an amazing
new companion Elder Java as my trainer. He is so cool.\
His next letter to me:
Mom it is tough here but I havent cried yet so don't worry
about me. I like the area, it is very isolated and right on the beach so there
are no mosquitoes. Our apartment is really big but it is kind of unclean so I
cleaned it up a bit. The work is good. We bike 12- 16 miles a day on mountain
bikes on a small philipino road. The cars fly by at 50-60 mph. kinda scary.
Everyone here is so poor but so happy it makes no sense.
Some pictures from his first week.
Pictures of the area:
Pictures of some animals:
Pictures of the people he is working with.



No comments:
Post a Comment