No pictures or generic email from my son this week. He wrote Brad and I a quick email though so I'll share a few highlights here.
He has had some firsts this week:
Mom dad this week was a party. I held a gigantic sea snail. I ate stingray (it is really good) I ate really exotic fish. The coolest thing that happened was I held in my hands a real sea horse (that fool was deader than a doornail of course) Our investigators gave it to me, (it is all dried out) for a souvenir.
He is struggling with the grit in the air in the Phillipines:
Also I decided of my eyes keep turning a ripe shade of pinkl I will try glasses and see if that changes anything. I am pretty sure it is jsut the dust and nastiness in the air here.
He is having normal companion struggles and normal human struggles (he'll probably be back to not being as bugged today when I speak with him):
My companion told me to not listen to classical last week and this week thought he had the right to chastise me for singing songs that aren't hymns sometimes. So that pissed me off a little because it isn't like I am sitting in a lesson and singing "BABYLONIAN" songs. I am sorry but this kid is a huge city slicker sissy. He has depression and some mental problems and I can't wait to have a new companion so my companion doesn't break down once a week.
He has to deal with his own mistakes:
Other than that I will have to rebaptize the sister who I didn't know the right middle name of from last Saturday this next Saturday (she said V instead of Valdenor when I asked) Also we have to reconfirm the mother of the family next Sunday because this Sunday the first COunsellor forgot to say "RECIEVE THE HOLY GHOST" so that is a ltitle lame. At least we will have 4 baptisms the Saturday after this coming Saturday that I know for sure I need to make sure EVERYTHING is done right.
No comments:
Post a Comment