Ladies and gentlemen I
am back and better than ever. Sorry I didn't have time to send a weekly
last week. This week was a roller coaster for sure.
So I found out last
week I did a baptism wrong, when I asked the sister's middle name she
replied with the first letter of her middle name not the full middle name
so I got to redo that over again this last Saturday. The baptism is not correct
if the full name isn't used. Right as I was about to pat myself on the back for
fixing the problem I had created I got hit with another problem. When we
explained to our family that we recently baptized why the other sister had to
be rebaptized it came out that their daughter had a middle name that was not provided
at the time we did the paperwork or at the time when I asked her full name. I
was calmly explaining why I had to rebaptize the other sister this last
Saturday when the dad said to us, "ohhhhh I get it, it is the same as
if you had baptized sister Jannah (their daughter) by the name Jannah Antonette
Basibas instead of the correct name Jannah Antonette Asebias Basibas." At
this point my heart stopped, I swallowed my tongue and pretty much wanted to
keel over and die right there. I let out a long groaning NOOOOOOOO. Than I said
well we will have to do that again as well. So the moral of this
story is that I will ask from now on, "MAY I SEE YOUR ID" so that I
don't make any more mistakes. The good thing is that I can at least learn from
this mistake and not make it in the future. Although missionaries and members
alike are not perfect what is important to remember is that the gospel of Jesus
Christ is perfect.
Spiritual thought: WE
CAN ONLY DEFEAT OUR PERSONAL LAMANITE ARMIES WITH STRENGTH FROM GOD.
Today I was reading in
Alma2 and 3 and I noticed it talked about the nephites defeating ANOTHER
lamanite army.
The Nephites defeat another Lamanite army.
at times in our lives
we will have Lamanite armies to defeat, we will have lamanite armies to defeat,
at times our lamanites and amlicites or our OBSTACLES and CHALLENGES
metaphorically speaking will be as anumerous almost, as it
were, as the sands of the sea, came upon them to destroy them. - C2, Verse 27. At times we may think
that our trials outnumber us 10 to 1. You may feel you do not have enough
strength to overcome your trials. That is why we have something that Elder
Bednar calls "THE ENABLING POWER OF THE ATONEMENT OF JESUS
CHRIST"
Elder Bednar's
"Strength of the Lord" helps us understand how to overcome our trials
that outnumber us with the atonement of Jesus Christ.
As you and I come to understand and employ the enabling power of the
Atonement in our personal lives, we will pray and seek for strength to change
our circumstances rather than praying for our circumstances to be changed. We
will become agents who “act” rather than objects that are “acted upon."- Elder Bednar
In this talk Elder
Bednar talks about praying not that our "circumstances will be
magically changed" but that "we will be given strength to
change our circumstances"
That is the enabling
power of the atonement, that is how we can use it to overcome the obstacles
that seem to numerous to defeat.
In the very next verse
of Alma 2:28 the nephites do not pray that they will magically defeat the army
of lamanites and amlicites but that they may be given strength from the lord to
defeat them.
28 Nevertheless, the Nephites
being astrengthened by
the hand of the Lord, having prayed mightily
to him that he would deliver them out of the hands of their enemies, therefore
the Lord did hear their cries, and did
strengthen them, and the Lamanites and the Amlicites did fall before
them.
As we pray for the
strength from the lord and use this enabling power of the atonement our
metaphorical Lamanites and Amlicites will fall before us.
You will
receive strength from the Lord that you will be able to overcome your
challenges.
Love ya'll!
Tribute to Durango. A sea rock cairn.
Some souvenirs I get to bring home with me. A giant sea slug.
A sea horse.
Some local cuisine. An exotic steak fish (steak because there is no bones).
This sweet side dish
actually caused WORLD WAR 3 in my stomach this week, fortunately the only
fatality was the three toilets I used.
The Americano squad
Brightly shines our Father's glory.
Some cool local caves.
The work of a missionary. Teaching the entire police station.
Baptisms and rebaptisms.
No comments:
Post a Comment