Sunday, November 17, 2019

11-17-2019

This week was full of blessings. The work was good, we taught a lot more lessons than last week, and I can finally basically interact with the people and their language. This week we had a small earthquake which is funny because the day before we had the small earthquake, I thought an earthquake happened when a large truck drove by and shook the soft ground. Fortunately I was prepared for the exact same thing but a real earthquake the next day. I got fresh milk this week. REAL MILK. It has been a month since I have drank real milk and it felt like I almost lost a part of me. Until the troops arrived. The branch president's wife bought fresh milk for me and brought it from Tacloban which is a 2 hour drive, I payed her back and wala, fresh milk. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. I am counting my blessings daily and there is no end them. 

The street dogs here are better trained than dogs in america. When teaching in a house sometimes a street dog will wander in, but if you say CHET very aggressively they immediately turn around and leave. The street dogs here are gross because a lot of them have sarna. My companion calls them zombie dogs.

This week the spiritual message I would like to leave with you is regarding hugot nga pagtuo or FAITH. In James 2 it reads, 

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that afaith without bworks is dead?

Me and my companion shared this scripture last night and it has really been bouncing around in my mind. Something I learned in the Mtc is that god cannot guide idle feet. Faith is based on works. Works are to faith as the piston is to the motor, as the starbucks is to the classic white girl, and the foundation to a house. If our faith is not built on a foundation of works, on a foundation of Christ, our house will fall. I know that as we build our foundation of good works our faith will be built daily. As we move forward we will receive guidance. I know that god knows and loves each and every one of you. 

P.S. Almost accidentally walked out of a store this last week with a peanut butter jar that I hadn't bought, the lady of course started talking frantically when I realized she had given me back a second peanut butter jar that I didn't want to buy so I would put it away. Nothing like almost accidentally stealing as a missionary

I love you all. Stay safe ya'll.

Fresh milk!!!



The classic rat pellet shower after I was done patching the holes



My amazing photography skills



My amazing photography skills...again 



 I cut my hand on this fan, it is sharper than it looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment