Sunday, November 24, 2019

11-24-2019


This week was another busy one for the books. We worked hard all week and managed to get 3 investigators and 2 less actives to church this Sunday which is a huge amount compared to normal so we were pumped about that. They are really trying their best to come closer to Christ and that is my purpose, that is why I am here.  I am not here to baptize people, it is not to impress others at home, it is to help people to come closer to Christ and work hard at this every day. 

I managed to accidentally hit a crab and kill it while biking to a lesson this week. Elder Java managed to accidentally step on and kill our friendly pet rat that hides in our apartment, so that was awesome. We were pumped because we think that was the last rat in the apartment. I almost got attacked by the same monkey in a couple emails back while biking past it one day (It literally jumped off of the pole and grazed my side bag as he swiped at me while I went past).  We accidentally got locked out of our own Bathroom and Elder Java had to hop the wall in the shower room to get into the bathroom and unlock it form the inside. We also biked through super tall grass this week.  It was as tall as we are and I laughed at myself when I realized that I was biking through grass as tall as me on bike in slacks, a white shirt and a tie. Last but not least I talked to a man who killed 3 people this last week. That was a new experience. Here in the Philippines if you use drugs people are allowed to kill you. He killed 2 drug users in Mindanao and he killed his neighbor in my area where we talked to him.

All is well.  Sorry the email is short I don't have a ton of time.  I will continue to work hard and I hope that you all will continue to be safe.

What happens when you give a rat a cookie (or rat posion and then you step on it).


The jungle trail we biked on to get to our first counselor's house.




The cows here sit in mud baths when it is really hot.  Too bad I can't do that.


Some crazy carpentry and wood work skills.


Elder Java after we went through the jungle and the interior and exterior on his bike tire fell off.



The classic Philippino rifle.


No comments:

Post a Comment