Sunday, January 19, 2020

1-19-2020

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME! This week was full of good work, because of NPA, my fall, and the hurricane we have been on and off with work but this week was the first full week that we just got to work, it was satisfying to say the least.

This week we managed to work for 64 hours and share a total of 30 lessons, the area Marabut is exploding like the volcano in Manila is. From what I have heard 8,000 people have been evacuated because of the volcano that is spewing out ash. Sometimes it feels like I am in the quarter quell from hunger games where every hour a different disaster strikes. The first week was the NPA threat in our area. The second week was when I fell and split open my head. The third week was a hurricane. The fourth week was dengue fever  (the night after the hurricane we woke up and had mosquito bites all over our legs, 2 of my american friends got dengue). The fourth week is the volcano. Who knows maybe we will get a earthquake next... ;) You gotta stay on your toes here because something is always happening.

The Philippines is awesome and this year is going to be another one for the boys. My favorite part of everyday is going out and sharing the message.

 It puts a big ol' stupid smile on my face every time I get the oppurtunity to share about Christ with people. The reason being that this message is not your average every day message. The message that missionaries share with people is a life changing message and has brought so many people happiness and light in their lives. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, I know that Jesus Christ is our savior, our redeemer, and our brother. He bled from every pore in Gethsemane so we may once again have the opportunity to return to our Father in heaven. His suffering was indescribable and his atonement Infinite. Through their grace we are saved. 

One of my favorite scriptures I read recently is in 2 nephi
23 For we labor diligently to write, to apersuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by bgrace that we are saved, after all we can cdo.  

I love you all, until next week gang

Elder Belt over and out

A picture of our zone:


 A picture of a puffer fish.  I had never seen one before:


Our investigators:




No comments:

Post a Comment